Disclaimer / Visitor Rules
These tips will keep it safe and pleasant:
- Korsman is a wild area and by entering, you do so at your own risk. Neither Korsman Conservancy nor Ekurhuleni Metro Municipality are responsible for damage or injury.
- Wear sturdy footwear or gumboots.
- Walk slowly and carefully for personal safety and to prevent disturbing birds nesting in the grass. Holesin the ground are hidden by grass. Soft muddy areas start a long way from the water.
- Guardians accompanying children's groups must ensure the children walk slowly, talk quietly and stay out of the water to prevent disturbing the birds.
- As there are no shelters for photographers, birds will be disturbed by sudden movements and noise. Approach birds slowly and quietly.
- No smoking and no fires. Bring all litter out with you.
- Lastly, keep your possessions secure on your person - especially keys! Once lost in the grass, they are nearly impossible to find.